Posted by Mike Piskie
on Jun 24, 2014 in Events
, Hot News
| 3 comments
Hard to believe the MISS&GC, the Oldest College of Stone Skipping Jurisprudence, will be hosting our 46th annual stone skipping tournament.
What: Stone skipping tournament open to everyone in attendance on Mackinac Island. There are 4 divisions :
- Pebbles Division – 12 and under
- Open Division – 13 and up* Top 3 open divisions participants will have a skip off to see who will be invited to the pros this year.
- Professional Invitational Division – Former open winners, Guinness book skippers, Franklin PA champions
- Kerplunking Division – The best sounding kerplunk is open to all attendees
When/Where: Always July 4th 9am to 1PM on Windemere beach (beach seen when entering harbor on the left adjacent to Iroquois Hotel)
How to win:
- Find or bring 6 stones, register, find a judge and skip your stones.
- Winner is determined by the greatest number of skips per stone. If there is a Tie, then it goes to the second best stone and so on, until all
six stones are counted.
- You could win a years supply of Ryba’s Fudge or an invitation to skip with the Pros.